2012年3月27日星期二

Disk space getting low

I have 3 disk volumes on my server. C, D, E. C=System, D=Logs, E= Data
How do I get the 2 databases to use drive D in addition to drive E for data?
I have 50 gig volume for E and I have about 9 gig free as of now. D has
only consumed 1 gig and free is 34 gig.
TIA
__StephenPre-allocate storage for the database files as desired. If you need to shrin
k one of the file (so
that data will be pushed to the other file), you can do it using DBCC SHRINK
FILE. It will take a
while for a lot of data, though.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Stephen Russell" <srussell@.transactiongraphics.com> wrote in message
news:ugcOCCvsFHA.3040@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I have 3 disk volumes on my server. C, D, E. C=System, D=Logs, E= Data
> How do I get the 2 databases to use drive D in addition to drive E for dat
a? I have 50 gig volume
> for E and I have about 9 gig free as of now. D has only consumed 1 gig a
nd free is 34 gig.
> TIA
> __Stephen
>
>sql

没有评论:

发表评论