2012年3月27日星期二

Disk permission to move SQL 2005 databases too...

I have a server with SQL 2000 and a name instance of SQL 2005, I am trying
to use the copy wizard to move databases from SQL2000 to SQL2005, when I do
this and to try to change the drive letters to my D: drive for the logs and
E: drive for the database, it goes through the process and fails. So I have
tried it again this time to the default location that SQL 2005 wants, which
is on the C: drive - of course this is not acceptable, but it works that
way. I figure it is a NTFS / permissions issue. But what permissions do I
need to setup on the other drive D: and E: to get this to work properly,
anyone please help me.
Thanks,
Andres
andres.perales@.mclaneat.comHi
Take a look at RESTORE command WITH MOVE option in the BOL
"Andres Perales" <andres@.andresperales.com> wrote in message
news:eu%23YtAyIHHA.1248@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I have a server with SQL 2000 and a name instance of SQL 2005, I am trying
>to use the copy wizard to move databases from SQL2000 to SQL2005, when I do
>this and to try to change the drive letters to my D: drive for the logs and
>E: drive for the database, it goes through the process and fails. So I
>have tried it again this time to the default location that SQL 2005 wants,
>which is on the C: drive - of course this is not acceptable, but it works
>that way. I figure it is a NTFS / permissions issue. But what permissions
>do I need to setup on the other drive D: and E: to get this to work
>properly, anyone please help me.
> Thanks,
> Andres
> andres.perales@.mclaneat.com
>
>|||Assuming the RESTORE command is correct (you have used the MOVE options correctly):
The account used by the SQL Server service need create file and write permissions on the directory.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Andres Perales" <andres@.andresperales.com> wrote in message
news:eu%23YtAyIHHA.1248@.TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>I have a server with SQL 2000 and a name instance of SQL 2005, I am trying to use the copy wizard
>to move databases from SQL2000 to SQL2005, when I do this and to try to change the drive letters to
>my D: drive for the logs and E: drive for the database, it goes through the process and fails. So
>I have tried it again this time to the default location that SQL 2005 wants, which is on the C:
>drive - of course this is not acceptable, but it works that way. I figure it is a NTFS /
>permissions issue. But what permissions do I need to setup on the other drive D: and E: to get this
>to work properly, anyone please help me.
> Thanks,
> Andres
> andres.perales@.mclaneat.com
>
>sql

没有评论:

发表评论