2012年3月27日星期二

Disk Reads and writes

I have a performance issue and I'm trying to monitor it
using performance monitor. I came up with the following
disk info :
disk reads 1460
disk writes 193
What is causing the read operation to be so slow? I've
looked at the queries being run and they are fine with
good amount of indexes on the tables - but something must
be wrong somewhere on those disks or I don't know. Any
suggestions on what to look for? Thank you.
JohnYou said the indexes are fine, But have you checked the actual execution
plan of those queries, to make sure the indexes are being used optimally?
--
Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
"John Bull" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:357d01c47ef9$2758bd20$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> I have a performance issue and I'm trying to monitor it
> using performance monitor. I came up with the following
> disk info :
> disk reads 1460
> disk writes 193
> What is causing the read operation to be so slow? I've
> looked at the queries being run and they are fine with
> good amount of indexes on the tables - but something must
> be wrong somewhere on those disks or I don't know. Any
> suggestions on what to look for? Thank you.
> John
>
>|||Vyas,
thank you for the suggestion. I'm afraid I haven't done
that. Can you please suggest how? Thanks.
John
>--Original Message--
>You said the indexes are fine, But have you checked the
actual execution
>plan of those queries, to make sure the indexes are being
used optimally?
>--
>Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
>http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
>
>"John Bull" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>news:357d01c47ef9$2758bd20$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
>> I have a performance issue and I'm trying to monitor it
>> using performance monitor. I came up with the following
>> disk info :
>> disk reads 1460
>> disk writes 193
>> What is causing the read operation to be so slow? I've
>> looked at the queries being run and they are fine with
>> good amount of indexes on the tables - but something
must
>> be wrong somewhere on those disks or I don't know. Any
>> suggestions on what to look for? Thank you.
>> John
>>
>
>.
>|||enter the query in query analyzer and then click the button for "Estimated
execution plan"
look for table scans and index scans (they are bad) you want Index Seeks.
Greg Jackson
PDX, Oregon|||Start SQL Profiler, filter on queries making > 500000 reads (adjust as
required), and analyze the captured queries.
--
Peter Yeoh
http://www.yohz.com
Need smaller SQL2K backup files? Use MiniSQLBackup Lite, free!
"John Bull" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3bef01c47f17$7583e510$a601280a@.phx.gbl...
> Vyas,
> thank you for the suggestion. I'm afraid I haven't done
> that. Can you please suggest how? Thanks.
> John
> >--Original Message--
> >You said the indexes are fine, But have you checked the
> actual execution
> >plan of those queries, to make sure the indexes are being
> used optimally?
> >--
> >Vyas, MVP (SQL Server)
> >http://vyaskn.tripod.com/
> >
> >
> >"John Bull" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message
> >news:357d01c47ef9$2758bd20$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> >> I have a performance issue and I'm trying to monitor it
> >> using performance monitor. I came up with the following
> >> disk info :
> >> disk reads 1460
> >> disk writes 193
> >>
> >> What is causing the read operation to be so slow? I've
> >> looked at the queries being run and they are fine with
> >> good amount of indexes on the tables - but something
> must
> >> be wrong somewhere on those disks or I don't know. Any
> >> suggestions on what to look for? Thank you.
> >> John
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> >.
> >

没有评论:

发表评论