2012年3月27日星期二

Disk space getting low

I have 3 disk volumes on my server. C, D, E. C=System, D=Logs, E= Data
How do I get the 2 databases to use drive D in addition to drive E for data?
I have 50 gig volume for E and I have about 9 gig free as of now. D has
only consumed 1 gig and free is 34 gig.
TIA
__StephenPre-allocate storage for the database files as desired. If you need to shrink one of the file (so
that data will be pushed to the other file), you can do it using DBCC SHRINKFILE. It will take a
while for a lot of data, though.
--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://www.solidqualitylearning.com/
"Stephen Russell" <srussell@.transactiongraphics.com> wrote in message
news:ugcOCCvsFHA.3040@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I have 3 disk volumes on my server. C, D, E. C=System, D=Logs, E= Data
> How do I get the 2 databases to use drive D in addition to drive E for data? I have 50 gig volume
> for E and I have about 9 gig free as of now. D has only consumed 1 gig and free is 34 gig.
> TIA
> __Stephen
>
>

没有评论:

发表评论